An Interesting Shift
There’s a really interesting shift that Marian and I are noticing within our consultancy.
In the past, most of the big projects that I’ve won have hinged on one champion working very hard to bring Clean Language and Systemic Modelling into their organisation or service. Most of the people who come on our trainings do so in their own time, funding themselves.
Over the last few months I’ve noticed that when I’m invited in there are usually two or three people who are calling for a clean approach. They may have passed around theÂ TEDxÂ talk or readÂ mine or Marian’s book, or seen the work at a conference in the past. Rather than a single champion bringing us in, there’s already a small intelligent network, ensuring that the project will be more strongly aligned with the organisation or service we’re supporting.
Similarly, in our trainings we might have two or three people from one organisation wanting to take the ideas and skills and bring them back to their business funded by their managers. In the next few weeks we’re working with:
- a group of senior managers and teachers who have readÂ From Contempt to CuriosityÂ and now want Clean Training across their staff and pupils
- a practice manager, doctor and specialist all wanting to co-design a systemic self-care programme for patients with long term conditions
- and of course our peer coaching project where the NEET Strategy Group is involved in the design and the evaluation of the project of getting young people to develop peer mentoring skills. They are now ready to bring together other service providers to create a more systemic response to service provision for the young people in the borough.
I’ve just come off the phone with a couple of inspirational education visionaries wanting to breathe life into innovative systemic education.Â It really feels as if the time for this work is now and that it is ready to step up to the mark.
Latest posts by Caitlin Walker (see all)
- Choose Life, Not NEET: No One Gets Left Behind with Clean - November 5, 2016
- NEETs Project Goes From Strength to Strength - April 7, 2016
- Clean Scoping - April 2, 2016